Be part of the ‘Rescue Day’ fun held each year on the second Friday in August.
This special community appeal helps to raise support and celebrate the life saving role the Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter performs across northern NSW. Rescue Day is your chance to show how much the regions favourite white, red & yellow rescue helicopter means to you. How you say?
Below is a list of ideas to help get you started:
- If you have young children, their pre-school or daycare centre can register to hold a special gold coin red & yellow mufti day or colouring in competition to go in the draw to win a bus trip to our helibase!
- Your business/workplace can become a Rescue Day Partner and hold a morning tea or lunchtime BBQ fundraiser for staff and customers to raise support
- If you are part of a sporting team, performing a donation bucket collection around the ground on game day is a great way to show your support
- Walk on the wild side and encourage your workmates to leave the work uniform at home on Rescue Day and come dressed in items purchased from one of our Helicopter Op Shops
- If you have some spare time, why not register and become a Volunteer for Rescue Day and lend your support by helping to sell merchandise at a location in your town
The sky is limit on Rescue Day when it comes to getting creative in how you choose to show your support. To join the Rescue Day Challenge this year simple email us at email@example.com or call 1800 155 155 to tell us how you, your workplace, sporting club or community group would like to take part and hold a fundraising activity to help us save lives.