The Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopter is a not-for-profit organisation providing emergency response aeromedical, search and rescue services to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Lismore, Belmont, Tamworth) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service proudly considers itself to be “The Community’s Own” Rescue Helicopter and relies on fundraising revenue and community support. This includes corporate sponsorships, a workplace giving program, events, volunteer support groups, op shops and donations from individuals and companies in the local region.
The key responsibility of this Community Liaison Officer is to represent the Service in the Coffs Coast and Clarence Valley region (Yamba to Macksville), building strong relationships to ensure sustainability of our operations in to the future.
Ideally this position will be based in either Grafton or Coffs Harbour with flexibility to be co-located in premises with established business partners. We welcome expressions of interest from suitable candidates located in the broader Mid North Coast region while noting preference to Grafton and Coffs Harbour.
Reporting to the Regional Marketing Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Develop a Community Engagement Plan for the region
- Work to a fundraising plan that supports the continuing operation of the Rescue Helicopter
- Maintain and grow relationships with key stakeholders in the local region – this includes business and community groups, government and community organisations
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify fundraising opportunities
- Drive the payroll deduction program by maintaining existing and growing new relationships with companies and partner organisations; and promote the program via workplace presentations
- Promote the reputation of the WRHS in the community by liaising with organisations and groups, accepting donations and representing the Service at events
- Coordinate the Service’s key events in the region
This role offers a genuine opportunity to make a difference in your local community. To be considered for this rewarding role you will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships
- Demonstrated experience in roles similar to Business Development, Relationship Management, Sales or Partnership Development
- The ability to balance and prioritise a range of activities
- Demonstrated ability to identify, initiate and secure a pipeline of fundraising
- Proven industry relationships
- Proven local knowledge
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude that reflects the values of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service.
- Proven experience with CRM management of client data
Additionally it is well regarded to have:
- Experience in a community-based/not-for-profit organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Marketing or equivalent
This role will require availability outside of normal working hours and requires a commitment to undertake the necessary regional travel to build and maintain relationships in person. You must hold a current driver’s licence and be prepared to complete a Working With Children Check, Police Check and a personality profile on line.
As the successful applicant you will join an organisation focused on serving our Community to the highest standards. You will regularly work with colleagues at the helicopter bases in Lismore, Broadmeadow and Tamworth and be well supported as a team member in a remote working location
Applications are required no later than Friday 17th May 2019. To register your interest please SUBMIT a current version of your CV and a covering letter. If you have a specific enquiry please contact Sonia on 02 4952 0000 for a confidential discussion.